The TPR (Thermo Poly Rock) Product.
Affresol Sectional Houses are made from an innovative new product called Thermo Poly Rock (TPR).
TPR3™ is a “thermo set polymer” that is produced from a cold process that takes selected waste products that have been diverted from landfill. This pre selected waste is recycled then size reduced, after which it is mixed with a Resin and the TPR Polymers. The result is a mouldable liquid compound that is poured like concrete and when it is cured is stronger than concrete.
The waste streams that will be used in this process will all be diverted from landfill.
TPR3™ is poured into moulds in the same way as concrete and will be left to cure for 24 hours. When TPR3 is in its solid form it has the following intrinsic attributes:
- TPR stronger than concrete,
- TPR has excellent thermal insulation characteristics;
- TPR is very durable (estimated at 80 years);
- TPR is water proof;
- TPR is fire retardant;
- TPR is not susceptible to insect infestation;
- TPR does not rot.
- TPR does not leech any harmful elements
- TPR has a “Low Carbon Footprint”
- TPR is 100% recycleable.
- TPR has better flex and tensile characteristics than concrete.
Thermo Poly Rock (TPR) can be manufactured in different strength grades and the strength grade is denoted by a suffix.
Detailed below are the current product strength grades.
- TPR1 - Compressive strength range 12 N/mm2 to 18 N/mm2.
- TPR3 - Compressive strength range 28 N/mm2 to 38 N/mm2.
- TPR5 - Compressive strength range 58 N/mm2 to 82 N/mm2.
Thermo Polymer Rock grade 3 (TPR3) is the product that will be used to make the Affresol house sections.
All TPR products come with a 15 year guarantee.